Skeletons are found throughout most of the world of Valheim, but they’re mostly encountered in and around Burial Chambers. Before you have leather armor, you should steer clear of skeletons and especially the archers. They will chase you for a long time but as long as you keep moving, melee skeletons shouldn’t be able to hit you.
- Skeleton Warrior (variant)
- Skeleton Archer (variant)
- Rancid Remains
- Skeleton Warriors have a generic basic attack.
- Skeleton Archers have a generic ranged attack with their bow.
- Rancid Remains have a melee attack with their mace which applies poison on hit.
Skeletons are dangerous during the Stone Age and the early Bronze Age. You will want to eat healthy food and make sure you don’t take on too many at once. After you have a set of Bronze equipment, you’ll be ready to take on larger groups.
Skeleton archers are the most lethal of the basic variants. Projectiles are more difficult to dodge, especially in Burial Chambers where you can run into large groups of skeletons. It’s best to engage only one or two archers at once — and even better if you have some cover.